Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

LYNCHMOB

ForumforsideForumforside  GalleriGalleri  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  SøgSøg  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  

Seneste Dev-kommentarer på classes efter 3.02 patch

Go down 
ForfatterBesked
Lårtehårde
Admin
Lårtehårde

Antal indlæg : 64

Seneste Dev-kommentarer på classes efter 3.02 patch Empty
IndlægEmne: Seneste Dev-kommentarer på classes efter 3.02 patch   Seneste Dev-kommentarer på classes efter 3.02 patch EmptyTors Nov 06, 2008 9:25 am

Druids
Upcoming Feral changes - Source
ARMOR
We are changing the way bear armor works so that bonus armor on items does not receive the bear armor multiplier. Specifically this means that trinkets, rings, necks and cloaks with bonus armor will not be multiplied by the bear bonus. The normal armor on leather will still be multiplied by this bonus. We are also going to remove bonus armor from Feral staves. You’ll get your bonus armor from the leather you acquire.

Examples:
1) A ring that grants 100 bonus armor will now grant a bear 100 armor (not ~470 armor).
2) Leather legs with 253 armor will still grant a bear ~1190 armor (not 253 armor).
3) A feral staff will now grant 0 armor.

We are making this change because armor is such a good stat for bears that it makes taking pieces with bonus armor a non-decision and we don’t want acquiring these pieces, which tend to not be common, to be so much of a barrier to a druid who wants to tank a raid.

This change will NOT be in effect when Lich King ships. We are letting you know this now so that you don’t go through heroic efforts to acquire items like the Badge of Tenacity, or Defender’s Code. Defender’s Code, with 850 armor, will still be a good trinket. But it won’t be an insanely good trinket for a bear.

We will adjust the bear armor modifiers so that your net mitigation does NOT go down with these changes. Let me repeat: this is not a nerf to Feral armor. It is a change to the amount of armor you get from gear with bonus armor.

MANA
We are adding an effect to a deep Feral talent (something like Primal Tenacity) to further reduce the cost of shapeshifting into cat or bear by 50%. This talent will stack with Natural Shapeshifter for a total cost reduction of 80%. PvP-focused druids can get both talents to shift easily and often despite, no longer having Int on gear at level 80.

PROTECTOR OF THE PACK
We are removing the group requirements from this talent. The new tooltip will say: “Increases your attack power by X and reduces the damage you take in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by Y.” The values of X and Y themselves are not changing.

Again, these changes will NOT be in Nov 13 for Lich King’s launch. We will add them in a patch that will come out sometime before the major Ulduar content patch. We're letting you know now so that you can choose quest rewards and loot drops accordingly.
Talent Reset for Druids in 3.0.3 - Source
Due to changes in the Druid talent tree, all Druids will receive a free talent reset when patch 3.0.3 goes live.
Starfall and rogues - Source
We don't have a problem with Starfall breaking stealth. There are plenty of other spells that do so and Starfall is hard to spam.

However, Starfall is an unusual spell in that it isn't channeled and can even follow the druid around. So we are going to change it so that shifting cancels the spell. Having a druid run around in cat or travel form with Starfall raining down in an attempt to break stealth is not really what we had in mind for the spell.

Yes, we would also remove (or possibly suppress) the spell on mounting. It isn't intended to be used as a minesweeper.

If you want to cast it in caster or Moonkin form to try and catch a stealther, that's fine.

Mages
Ghostcrawler you are wrong. - Source
Arcane mages and Balance druids are definitely something we're keeping an eye on. We might need to hotfix either or both or we might not. I have no announcements about either at this time. But if they are overpowered at all, it is nowhere near the level at which Ret paladins were.
@GC's comments on Hunters in Arena @ 80... - Source
We don't think mages are OP right now.

Warlocks
Warlock: Corruption and Immolate - Source
The coefficients of these spells were hotfixed last Thursday I believe. Corruption's coefficient went from 0.156 to 0.20.
Immolate's coefficient went from 0.13 to 0.20.

This ends up being a reasonably significant dps buff to all 3 specs. In our preliminary testing, Demonology may have benefited the most.

Please recognize the changes these numbers will have on your class when making subsequent posts.

Demonic Pact and Demonic Empathy are two talents we'd like to work on. I am surprised you'd say that about the Felguard though. I have seen him able to do 1000 dps or more at 80 when fully buffed.
Why Is Blizzard To Stubborn To Change DS? - Source
When we set out to work on the classes in Lich King, we had some specific goals for each one. Our mission was not to overhaul every class. We had specific things we want to accomplish.

For locks, the list looked something like this:

Give Destro a rotation that involved more than just Shadowbolt.
Make sure Affliction had dps comparable with the difficulty in pulling off the rotation.
Get locks to care more about pets without it just being Imps in PvE and Felhunters in PvP (and sac'ing pets as often as possible).
Get the Felguard back out and make the Infernal and Doomguard not a joke.
Make the dps stones something someone might actually use.
Make Affliction care more about Shadow and Destro fire.
Get Demo back into the PvE game again.
Get rid of the hassles with demon training.

Now that Lich King is virtually done, we've moved on to some different topics. This is a partial list, but includes things like:

Make sure locks do rogue / hunter / mage level dps at 80.
Make sure locks have enough survivability in PvP (since we nerfed a lot of it).
Fix some of those deep Demo talents that really aren't worth the investment.
Make shards more interesting and less of a hassle.
Get the Voidwalker (and possibly Succubus?) back out.
Look at the dps spells that cost shards.
Try and make more of the dots a consistent length, so that Affliction's rotation doesn't require such a big brain.
Get dots to either scale with crit or just crit.

I know that's vauge, and I'm reconstructing the list off the top of my head. Of course I imagine we'll add to that list once we see what the 3 specs actually look like at 80 with thousands of people playing them.

Yes, pet survivability is definitely on our radar. We don't know yet if it is low or if resilience is the best answer. But it is something on our list.

Long term, I think it might be good for the game to have classes less dependent on pet dps. It's just a tough balance when you can lose 25% of your dps like that. The trick is making a change such that the pet is still useful and isn't some kind of weird invulnerable entity. This one will take some more work and is probably a very long-term fix.

Shamans
Balance > Elemental ?! WTF - Source
We don't think Balance dps is far above Elemental at 80, if in fact it's high at all. Posting numbers from a theorycrafting spreadsheet does not provide solid proof. The only way to detect a trend at all is to generate very large datasets of both specs in a raid setting. Nobody actually has access to those data yet. Until then, pretty much everything is speculation and informed guesses (even on our part).

We do think that there may be a problem where Elemental's dps will eventually drop down because they don't have as many scaling talents as Balance. But this won't occur with gear currently available in the game -- it's more of an eventual risk and we have plenty of time to address it. It's also possible that Balance scales too well. That's why we haven't taken any steps to adjust either spec so far.

If I had to guess, we will redirect some of Elemental's deep talents more towards raw damage than just utility, but that's just a guess at his point and not an official announcement.
Shaman designed around chain heal? Then... - Source
When we sat down to design Resto for LK, tops on everyone's list was to get them to CAST ANOTHER SPELL SOMETHING ANYTHING!

A lot of the talents were designed to do just that. We even considered some draconian measures to discourage CH spamming, like cooldowns and the like.

Then a smart designer in the room (it wasn't me) asked why was there so much CH hate. Yes, shamans used it a lot, but you know, it is a pretty distinctive, inconic spell. We decided rather than try to make CH a bad spell, we'd just leave in those new talents to get you to cast other spells once in awhile. The difference is we think you'll still cast CH 90% of the time or whatever, but maybe that remaining 10% will require you to think a little differently about what to cast (and at least it's not 100%).

Priests
Mindflay is BROKEN! (not a troll ATTN BLU - Source
We rebuilt Mind Flay to make it work under the new system. It's now much more like Arcane Missiles, so the possibility does exist you can clip some of the ticks. It's possible for us to rebuild the spell again, but that will mean changing a lot of talents (which introduces the possibility of bugs) so we need to make sure this is absolutely necessary first.

Can anyone else comment on Misery falling off? It could get overwritten by Improved Faerie Fire and if you're playing with a sloppy Moonkin, it's possible they put the debuff up and then let it fall off.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
https://lynchmob.danskforum.net

Seneste Dev-kommentarer på classes efter 3.02 patch
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Nye patch-notes!
» Indførelse af DKP system til ny patch. (ja/nej)

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
 :: Your first category :: Lynchmob Hotness-
Gå til: